University of California, RiversideUCR

Unpaid Charges  

Federal School Code: 001316


Take Care of Unpaid Charges

If you owe a balance of more than $200 on your student account from a prior year, your fall financial aid disbursement will be on hold until the balance is paid. Federal regulations prohibit UCR from disbursing financial aid for the current year to pay unpaid charges (exceeding $200) for a prior award year.

Any unpaid prior year charges must be paid from your own personal resources no later than the September 15 fall fee payment deadline to avoid being dropped from classes and charged a $50 late fee.

See What You Owe

Check the amount of your balance by clicking the Current Activity option on Growl, or contact Student Business Services at (951) 827-3204 to determine the amount owed for a previous award year.

Make Payments

Payments may be made at the UCR Cashier's Office, by mail, or via credit card on Growl (with a non-refundable convenience fee). You can also apply for an alternative loan through a private lender to pay off a prior year balance. Please note it may take two weeks or longer to obtain a private loan. So if you elect to use this option, please submit your loan application immediately to ensure that these funds may be available by the September 15th fall fee payment deadline. Get a list of private lenders who may participate in the alternative loan program.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

UCR Financial Aid Office
900 University Ave.

Tel: 951-827-3878
Fax: 951-827-5619
E-mail: finaid@ucr.edu