University of California, RiversideUCR

 Other Resources  

Federal School Code: 001316



Find Alternative Funding

Financial aid is available from a number of sources other than UCR and the federal and state government. These include various private foundations and community organizations, as well as all branches of the military. Moreover, a variety of scholarships are available through various companies, civic groups, and clubs.

When looking for financial aid, beware of scholarship scams that ask you to pay a fee for a scholarship application. Free scholarship search information is available from many organizations online. To find money, try FinAid or FastWEB, two comprehensive financial aid search sites.

See if you qualify for any of the following resources.

Residents of other states

You may be eligible for a scholarship or grant from an agency in your home state. For information, consult a high school counselor, school library, the local Chamber of Commerce, or write directly to a donor for applications and deadline information.

Veterans Benefits

Veterans, reservists, and dependents of veterans whose death or disability was service-connected may be eligible for educational benefits through the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. Such dependents may also qualify for exemption from most University fees. Applications and further information are available in the Special Services Office, 125 Costo Hall, (951) 827-3861.

Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Grants

Full-time students who possess at least 25 percent Native American Indian, Eskimo, or Aleut heritage, as recognized by a tribal group, may apply for grant assistance. Awards may be based on financial need and availability of funds. Applications are available at BIA area offices and must be submitted to UCR’s Financial Aid Office for processing. The FAFSA must be completed before the BIA Grant application can be processed.

GRE Fee Reductions

A small number of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) fee reduction applications are available for senior financial aid recipients with extremely limited resources other than financial aid. The GRE Board has established three requirements for eligibility, and all three must be met. You must be:

  • A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident or resident alien
  • A senior receiving financial aid through an undergraduate institution or a returning unenrolled college graduate (who has applied for financial aid and has a need analysis report on file) in the United States, Puerto Rico, or a U.S. Territory
  • One whose financial need report indicates a parental contribution of no more than $1,500 for a dependent student for the senior year and a student contribution of no more than $1,900 for an independent student for the senior year.

NOTE: The GRE Fee Reduction Certificate will be applied toward 50% of the test fee; you’re required to pay the other 50% of the full test fee.

Emergency Loans

Emergency loans of up to $500 are available in the Financial Aid Office for registered students on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may borrow no more than three times during an academic year. A student photo ID is required for identification and current quarter fees must be paid. Repayment is due within 30 days or by the end of the quarter, whichever comes first. Loans that exceed 90 days must complete a Truth and Lending Statement finished by SBS. Click here for more information

Tax Credits

You can get tax credits for tuition/fees, books and supplies. Review information on the federal education tax benefits, the expanded Hope credit or American opportunity tax credit (AOC) , the Taxpayer Relief Act and other payment options.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

UCR Financial Aid Office
900 University Ave.

Tel: 951-827-3878
Fax: 951-827-5619
E-mail: finaid@ucr.edu